Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Decisions..Decisions..Decisions
Colette is turning 5 on Thursday and seriously for the last year I have been in turmoil about school. We opted to keep her home until the fall of 2009. And I have been praying for the Lord's wisdom about where to send her to school or to homeschool. I just am at a complete loss for what I am going to do. I don't want to ruin her and put her in the wrong place and I guess I am a little afraid that I am going to make a horrible decision. She's my baby. I have talked to so many people whose kids are in public, private and who homeschool and I still can't decide. I know I have a few more months before a decision needs to happen but, I just want to know what the Lord wants me to do now. I remember going through this when I was trying to decide where to go for College. I laid on the floor in my parents living room in tears because I was afraid I was going to mess up huge. My mom reminded me "that the steps of a righteous man are directed of the Lord" and I hold on to that scripture now. I chose that night to take a step of faith and go to LIFE Bible College. I know now that was the right decision. But, having to make a decision for someone else and someone so young and innocent is so much more difficult. I trust the Lord will direct us..but I just wish I knew right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel for you Caroline. Deciding where to send Jake to school was so hard, maybe one of the hardest decisions I ever made as a mom, but I can encourage you that your mom is right. And the truth of the matter is it is a decision you will have to make every year, even if you choose to continue where you place her, it will be by choice.
You hear from the Lord and He will lead you in this. Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer.... You have lots of time to put in plenty of that. In the meantime know there are people who "get it."
Bless you!
I am praying for you. I know this is a big decision. God has a special place for precious Colie and he will show you and Joe where that is. But, can I say once again...I am so glad you are the big sister and have to do all this stuff first! I Love you!
P.S. Nathan & Uncle Scotty made Colie a HUGE birthday card last night. Too cute!
I read this post earlier in the week and waited to comment because I wanted to share something really profound...but instead I will just share that I remember like it was yesterday walking the halls of the "old" Cornerstone church building asking the Lord to please show me what I was to do with regards to school for Lauren. And now that she is on the final stretch of her school days (tear, tear), the only thing I would change is that I would have put my trust in the Lord more during those days and less in what other people around me were doing or saying. I could write a small book on this subject.:)
God is faithful, He has been to us, and He will be to you.
Post a Comment