Friday, July 11, 2008

Our lil guy is here


He arrived yesterday, July 10 at 3:26pm. He is 6lbs 8oz and 18 1/2 inches long. And he fits right in. I cannot even describe to you the wave of emotions that I am experiencing right now. Pure joy comes somewhat close. Caden Joseph is truly an amazing gift from the Lord. He is so adorable and so sweet and totally perfect. I cried as I watched him being born. I cried when I held him for the first time. I cried as his birthmom held him. And I cried as she handed him to me before we left the hospital. I know, a lot of tears for what I described as Pure Joy. But, all those tears were necessary to produce that joy. Caden has been given to us out of love and for all the right reasons. And we are so thankful that the Lord has chosen us to be his parents. We cannot wait to discover all the wonderful things that He has in store for our lil guy.

5 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

He is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

Just reading about it made me cry :)

Diana said...

Oh Carolyn. I so understand your emotions and feelings.
I know you have experienced the gift of adoption and yet you've never experienced it like this before, it's such a miracle.
We can't even really explain it, can we? But it is PURE JOY!
I am so happy and excited for you and your whole family.
Congratulations!

Adrienne said...

Congratulations! How exciting that Caden has actually come. What a blessing he will be.

Williams Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. I have been praying for you. I can't wati to meet him.

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

He is amazing. And, I was so proud of you (once again) as I watched you today. You are an amazing mommy and this little guy is blessed to have you. I love how you censored the photo. Such a mom!