Thursday, October 9, 2008

...the one


I knew pretty much right away that Joe was my "soulmate". I always wondered how I'd know and it was obvious that he was "the one". The way that he made me laugh, and how my heart would flutter when I saw him or it would ache when he was away. He had characteristics that I didn't even know I needed in a mate. But, the Lord knew. Today on our 9th wedding anniversary and almost 13 years since our first date and 3 wonderful children later, he is still the one. This has been the most amazing 13 years of my life and I am so thankful that the Lord brought us together and that I have been given such a wonderful man to love.

4 comments:

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

Aww...I remember this day so well. So fun! Even though I was a little mad at Joe for stealing my sister and half of my wardrobe. But, I am glad he did, what a great family you have!

Diana said...

Happy Anniversary! Many blessings on many happy years still to come!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Happy Anniversary Carolyn! I remember the day too! The two of you glorified God on your wedding day in every way.

But I can't believe it has been nine years already...

Carolyn said...

You can also thank me n' Rockie... :) Happy Anniversary!