Monday, August 11, 2008

Release


That was the theme of our College Retreat at Lake Mead this past weekend. I really look forward to spending time with the college group at retreat. I so wish I could be with them on a weekly basis because they are such amazing people experiencing so much and making such huge decisions in their lives. It was also such a good time and a crucial time in my life and they always remind me of that. I love to listen to them and to pray with them. One of my favorite things to do though, is to sit on the beach with my chair in the water a Dr. Pepper in hand. I was splurging, I used to drink these by the 44oz in college until I realized how many calories they had. The weather was perfect only about 100. I know that seems a bit hot, but compared to our first year when it was 120, no joke, it almost felt like winter. Colette and Caden came with us. Johanna stayed with LULU and Grandma because I thought she would be happy to be with them all by herself. Caden stayed inside most of the time with me and our friends whose house we stayed at. Colette hung out with daddy at the lake during the early afternoon hours and with me later in the day. On the way home we got stuck in some traffic and she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of nowhere (literally) maybe it was the Starbucks chocolate milk she downed in about 3o seconds. We finally found a single gas station and walked inside to find a line about 20 people deep. She told me she couldn't wait and I told her we would have to go outside. So we found a spot and she went, I couldn't believe I was doing this. When she finished I told her she was "awesome". She got into the car and told our friends Shayne and Kristen (they are my lifesavers) "I am awesome". We applauded her for this great feat. I just hope she doesn't make it a habit in our backyard or worse someone elses.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look so relaxed and happy there by the lake. I miss going to Big Bear. When things settle down a bit, I think I'll take Reuben up there. :)

Shaynerd said...

I AM AWESOME!!!!!
haha! I love it!!
I love having you come to college gatherings too. And you may had forgotten the part of the 6 HOUR car ride of when the GPS was incorrect...and the chocolate syrup in the DVD player...and the "they have a potty in there mom" parts. haha! Oh memories i will cherish FOREVER!