It's been a very eventful few days around here. VBS started last Monday and I was really uneasy about not being there, but very confident that Joe and the team would do a great job without me. And they did. It is always great to see how the Lord is in all of the details. The things that I often get so worried about, the Lord has already taken care of.
Then, on Friday we received a phone call that rocked us quite a bit. Caden's birthmom was wanting him home for 48 hours. I cried..again. And we prayed. And we called others to pray. We've known from the beginning that Caden was to be in our home. The way the Lord has placed him here is just too miraculous for it not to be. And we have so many promises from Him that we have to hold on to (see here). I knew when the Lord spoke that verse to me back then that we would be facing some challenges but that He knew how our story would end. We know Caden will be coming home to us. But, we are definately growing in our trust in Him through the last 36 hours. We all miss him so much and we cannot wait to see him tomorrow.
4 comments:
I can't wait to give that little boy lots and lots of kisses tomorrow! Only a few more hours to go. I have been so proud of you (once again) through all this. I have such a great big sister too look up to! Love You!
Wow. Praying for you until Caden is home and in your arms again.
Blessings to you.
We joining you in prayer!
Oh Carolyn.
We walked this faith walk for 3 1/2 years to finalize an Ethan (which you will not have to do, in Jesus' name.) So I will stand firm in prayer with you because I know the stretching of your heart. God ALWAYS keeps His promises. I couldn't link to your promises so I don't know if these are verses you already have, but I fel strongly inclined to share with you anchors we held to for Ethan. Hope that's OK.
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Numbers 23:19-20 “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Behold, I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.
2 Timothy 1:12 (your mom gave us this one) For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Stand strong. Believe in faith. I know you know, but my heart aches for you. I hope he's back by the time you read this, but I know the roller coaster till those papers are signed.
Blessings, Diana
Post a Comment