Thursday, March 12, 2009

Divine

Ok here it is the recipe for the most "Divine" Banana Bread ever. I tasted this bread way back in the day and in an effort to reinvent it I started looking for recipes for it. I tried several times to no avail. Then I asked Kristen for it and she very happily gave it to me. Then I made it and asked myself why did I waste all those other bananas on dry bread, I'll never know.

Best-Ever Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
2 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease and flour 9x5-inch loaf pan. For best results combine all wet ingredients together in large bowl and mix well. Then separately combine dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until top is golden brown and splits slightly, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Serve warm. Do not double recipe.

*As a buttermilk substitute put one tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar in a one cup measuring cup then add milk to equal one cup. Let sit for 5 minutes then use what the recipe calls for.
**Both Kristen and I agree that the bread is better without the walnuts. My husband disagrees. Also, I didn't have any buttermilk but made it with the substitute instead and it was still super yummy.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for a good recipe...thanks for sharing!