Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday School Confessions

I have known for a long time that if there is something you don't want to be shared with the entire church then you should just not say it or for right now spell it instead (though I know that won't last long). Colette loves to share fabricated or embellished stories with her Sunday School teachers. Like when she told someone that her sister died. Or when she told all the parents as they arrived to class that I was having a baby boy (we were adopting and it was still a secret). When asked by my mom what mommy and daddy were doing, while on the phone, she said "mommy and daddy are taking a shower". She told my mother in law that she "was tired because my parents don't allow me to take naps anymore" and yesterday she told everyone in class that "my dog has a hole in her butt". Which she does, but not that kind of hole. Our dog was attacked by another dog while on a walk a few weeks ago. And she has a hole....on her back end. I am sure there are many more Sunday School confessions to come.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Laughing... the price of ministry? I guess?

I wish I knew her better... :)

At least I'm pretty sure you don't take things literally when you hear them from our kids at church!

krystin said...

oh precious little one!! wow, something to look forward to?!? :D