Friday, September 5, 2008

A Great End










We have had quite an amazing summer. We kicked it off with the hope and excitement of a new baby (Caden). Then dove right into kids camp with about 300 kids in attendance and 100 staff. We look forward to this week every year and were amazed once again with all that God did. Our favorite thing of the summer, was the birth of our son, Caden two weeks after camp. Then 5 days later in an amazing feat of organized chaos we headed into VBS, again with close to 300 kids. Three weeks following that we had a really great College Retreat. Joe had a Royal Rangers campout a few weeks later and an awesome BMX outreach the following weekend. Joe and I always reflect back on our summer and are always in awe of how the Lord puts everything together, how kids lives are transformed and how He is able to use little old us. But, the thing that I am most thankful for is our amazing volunteers. We are so blessed to have such an amazing team of people who are dedicated to the Lord. Many of them were apart of both camp and vbs and still teaching Sunday School and doing midweek as well. These people are going to have humongously big crowns when we get to heaven and I am so glad because my words could never say "Thank You" enough for all that they do. If you are reading this and you are one of those amazingly awesome peeps (that's my new word, I have no idea why) "THANK YOU"!


Shayne (our amazing assistant) and Colette at college retreat.


SO, now it's time for VACATION! A great end to an amazing summer. We are heading to San Diego because someone blessed us with a full week in their condo. We are going to go to Legoland, Sea World and the zoo. We are going to take naps and go swimming and go to the beach. Joe is starting it all off with a triathlon on Sunday. I know it sounds like a ton of fun and not a lot of relaxation, but I think after a summer like ours we would be bored otherwise.
*props to Shayne for some of these amazing summer pictures

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

So, so cute...all the pics!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

When our older kids were little we used to always vacation in September. I loved it! The weather was still warm but the crowds were mostly gone.

It looks like you guys are having a great time!