Thursday, August 21, 2008

Confessions


OK brace yourself....Confession #1: I let my kids have a party at 8:45 pm on Tuesday night. There it is..I feel much better now and guess what even though they were up for hours after, I would do it again. Auntie Lulu called me at 8:30 and said my nephew told her he wanted to have a party. And being the great mom that she is, she said ok, took him to the store and got all the supplies and called us to join them. Uncle Scott even came and organized the games aka loud screaming and jumping. They are only this size for a short time and before we know it they will be in school with a schedule to keep.





Confession #2: A bagel and iced tea, yummy! This combination has actually been an addiction for a long time, like five years. But, it started out as a once a week treat at our bagel shop with my mom and sister and a friend or two. Now, my car goes there a couple times a week. We even had to put it into our budget. I find myself plotting the next bagel run. And if I've already had breakfast I have to find a way to get the tea. We have even tried to find this special Diedrichs tea online, but they don't sell it. When I was pregnant, I would have the tea watered down just to get my fix. And it cant just be any bagel it must be from there. For awhile we were tired of the mean owner so we tried to go somewhere else, but we just kept going back to our bagel spot. Now they have very nice Christian owners whom we support regularly. I must break myself of this addiction...... or start working out more and making more money.






Confession #3: Love the blogging thing. I have only been doing it for awhile but I am quickly catching on and learning so much from other women just like me. Here was one of my stops this morning that I have been thinking about ever since. I hope you stop by there and hear from the Father this morning as He speaks through that writer.



2 comments:

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

In response to your confessions...

#1 That party was a memory we will never forget. Love all those kids.

#2 I too confess to an addiction. I think they put something in it to keep you coming back...thats my excuse at least.

#3 I love blogging and also stopped by Big Mama's blog today and it touched me. It reminded me how this fun blogging can also be used to share about Jesus!

Diana said...

I guess I'll find the pattern...

#1 As a mom further along in her parenting years, I wish I would have relaxed more and done more things like this, good for you, 5 Mommy Gold Stars.

#2 As a casual observer, you look mah-velous, you can't be overdoing it too much.

#3 I will have to stop and read the blog you mentioned, but I agree that blogging has many wonderful benefits, like shrinking the world, and shining Light into it!