Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today we did the earthquake walk

The girls experienced their first earthquake today. It's been a long time since we've had one that shook this good. Everyone is fine. Thankfully it wasn't big enough to cause any injuries. It was a good time to teach the girls the "earthquake walk". My dad taught it to us when we were growing up. It looks a little bit like you've had one too many or you are trying to walk to the hallway in an earthquake. It was a good way to make the girls more calm after the quake. And we all had a good laugh while we practiced our new/old walk.

2 comments:

LuLu (a.k.a. Cyndi) said...

I loved the earthquake walk, I am glad you reminded me of that one. I will have to use that one. (hopefully not anytime soon) Our parents were so creative.

Unknown said...

That is a good one to calm down children. I will remember this if ever I need to use it.